EDIT: Get the “Less clean face patch” after downloading him (if you did). Makes it a bit more bearable. Still, no eyelashes, looks weird.
So, this was a request from a Patron who has helped me since before I even started my Patreon. That’s why I gave a shot at trying to port a male character, besides it seemed interesting.
However, this turned out bad. I don’t like it. The face doesn’t fit the body (not literally, I did fit it when it comes to technical talk). But there’s something that doesn’t fit, and I’m not sure what it is.
There’s also that this was harder than I thought it would be.
- The morph system for the males is lazy. The head model has 34 morphs if we don’t count the shape morph. But between all these morphs, the mouth model only uses 4, the tongue model 2, and the brows 9. Turns out they get shared around the 34 face morphs.
- With the mouth, I didn’t have much problem, got it right instantly.
- The brows was the problem. Turns out that the reason why males have floatier brows, is because their morphs get shared around morphs of the face model that might not fit.
- Finally, it seems like it’s technically impossible to add morpheable eye lashes to males. I tried merging the eye lashes with the beard model, and it all seems good initially in Blender and SB3UGUI. But once you get to the game, you realize that the game has no way to know which morphs at the beard are eye morphs, so everything goes out of sync, clips like hell, and the eyelashes only move when mouth morphs are called.
- I didn’t get the brows UV to the same zone as the original HS model, so it can’t use original textures. I could fix this eventually though, since it’s just moving the texture up.
- None of the male hairs have bones, they’re all static meshes. And I’m pretty sure trying to add bones to them wouldn’t have worked, just like my little experiment with eye lashes.
All in all, this was an experiment, from which I just got disappointment, and due to all the limitations males have, I won’t be modding males anymore (maybe hair, but for the HS head only, no more whole characters like with girls), not even for $100 Patrons, sorry.
I’m still sharing it because, what the hell, why not, maybe someone likes it. I know I don’t. The hair did come out good, you can use it on the original HS male head, maybe you can make Bruce Lee with it? Hahaha…
- Head 100200
- Hair 101209
- Eyebrow 151201
- Eyelashes 252182
- Face Texture 150200
Extract the abdata folder of the 7z into your HS main directory, if asked to merge, say yes.
Same for any updates or patches.
You can either put her cards in a room, or load her appearance to a new character.
Remove these files:
- Initial version.
Team Ninja/Koei Tecmo